Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Hearst Corporation Thought Police

rense.com

Hearst Corp Blocks Own
Reporters From News Website
From Dick Allgire
1-16-8


I heard an interesting fellow on the Jeff Rense program
recently. His name was Clay Douglas and he kept talking
about the U.S. Constitution and how those in control of
things are subverting it.

I work for the Hearst Corporation as a TV journalist. Now
the computer provided to me at work is owned by Hearst
and I understand that the internet service they give me in
their office is a privilege and not a right, so the company
can tell me what I may or may not look at while I'm on
their payroll. But as a journalist I'm interested in the First
Amendment and wanted to read and consider what Mr.
Douglas has to say. I'm a grown man and fairly astute
after 34 years of being a reporter.

Hearst denied me access to the site
http:// www.freeamerican.com/
because of what they call 'HATE SPEECH.'

This raised some questions in my mind. Why would a
major media corporation prohibit journalists from reading
this site? What is hate speech? And why should it be blocked?
Aloha,
Dick Allgire
Honolulu

Source:

No comments: