Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Problem With Christianity Today

How the Church has Emasculated Men


Have you ever wondered why Christian men are so emasculated? Or
why most normal red-blooded men find it absolutely impossible to
relate to today's clergy?

You're not alone.

I use to think the problem was me; that I was old fashioned - at least
that's what I was told.

But then I had an epiphany.

God didn't send girly-men to preach the gospel, build churches and
reform society back in the days of the early Church. And He certainly
won't do that today either.

I've been writing a small miniseries on the state of our culture. I've
predicated everything on one strategy: if we reform and revive the
church, we'll see reformation and revival in society as well.

Last week I touched on worship. This week the focus is
masculinity. And I think that as a part of a strategy to change
society we need to stop emasculating maleness in men.

The solution is simple. Start encouraging men in the church to be
men - not women in drag.

I'm not the only one to say this.

Read more......

No comments: